Thursday, June 18, 2009

Until next time

I played baseketball last night with a douchebag. Other than reinforcing my already held conception that all Notre Dame fans are compete morons and are out of touch with reality, he reminded me of the time i last saw him. That time was this past years Sugar Bowl watching Utah stun/humor our small, all male, hangout by beating the Tide in convincing fashion. I chuckled to myself in delight as I watched JP Wilson run for his life without Andre Smith there to protect him. The ND fan commented how surprised he was that fans of a team would root against teams in their own conference in bowl play. Altough I usually root for SEC teams, this was not one of those times.
Now, I question that decision (because i know it had enormous impact on the outcome of the game). Were we foolish to pull for the Utes? Reading about their whining and complete rejection of reality and logic this week makes me think that I may be better off now had Alabama pulled through. Just as it seems the "mid-majors" of college football are done for, Hawaii in 2007, Utah has to go and do something like this. And before them it was Boise State against Oklahoma. This year I bet we see a BYU or TCU face-off against a Texas or LSU and get a thumping and then the whining will die down untill the next time an "undefeated" team gets left out of the national championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment